Stormwater & Wastewater 20-Year Needs Analyses
Sections 403.9301 and 403.9302, Florida Statutes, (see Chapter 2021-194, Laws of Florida), direct municipalities, counties, and independent special districts that provide a stormwater management system or program, or wastewater management services, to develop a 20-year needs analysis every five years.
For the first cycle of reports, local governments must submit their reports to their respective counties by June 30, 2022. The counties must compile the local reports (including their own) and submit them to EDR and the secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection by July 31, 2022. EDR will then publish an analysis of the stormwater and wastewater submissions in the 2023 edition of the Annual Assessments of Florida's Water Resources and Conservation Lands. The next reporting cycle will begin in 2027.
The templates are provided in two formats. First, a workbook has been developed in EXCEL that should be downloaded and completed for actual submission. The accompanying PDF's are text only, and are only provided for easy reference. Otherwise, the two documents match.
County instructions for compiling all local submissions for final transfer to EDR are available here:
Stormwater (s. 403.9302, F.S.)
- Stormwater Template for Needs Analysis
- EXCEL Workbook for Submission [xlsx] - October 8, 2021
- PDF Version for Reference [pdf] - revised October 8, 2021; replaces September 1, 2021 version
- Stormwater Template Overview [pdf] - August 20, 2021
Wastewater (s. 403.9301, F.S.)
- Wastewater Template for Needs Analysis
- EXCEL Workbook for Submission [xlsx] - February 15, 2022
- PDF Version for Reference [pdf] - February 15, 2022
Last Revised: June 28, 2022